Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Matching speakers to the Yamaha R300 receiver

So, in response to a question regarding good speakers for the Yamaha R-300, I wanted to post a picture of it paired with an old pair of B&W DM 600i speakers that I got for very little money at the thrift store (another top ten find, which is getting harder to do all of the time).  I did have to replace the jumpers for the set of dual binding posts that permit bi-wiring, as the originals had disappeared, and the cabinet vinyl is a little rough, but otherwise these speakers are in great condition.  I wound up buying the new jumper cables from Maze Audio, who can be found here:

http://www.mazeaudio.com/power-cables.html

The jumpers are of super high quality and I strongly recommend them.  The DM600i have sounded very good with anything I own, and the R-300 is no exception.  I always find myself looking at DM series auctions on Ebay, as the sound of these speakers as held up very well over time.  This blog is too small in reach to impact on prices I would imagine, so I would strongly recommend looking into a pair of these or others in the DM series while they can still be found in decent condition for not too much money.  Please let me know if you also have experience with these speakers, or decide to take the plunge and get them for yourself.



   

1 comment:

  1. The jumpers for the binding posts are from Maze Audio, and can be found here:

    http://www.mazeaudio.com/power-cables.html

    They are very high quality and I strongly recommend them!

    ReplyDelete